Standard exhaust on an mgb.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Standard exhaust on an mgb.
From: "Steve Devine" <gaveleer@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:00:24 -0600
Hello all

                  I have the privledge of helping a fellow MGer out with the
exhaust on his car. Ive replaced many an exhaust on an MGB and have always
had problems with the donut gaskets leaking. The only cure I have ever used
that successfully that worked was to change the system to a (header) style
down pipe. Does anyone
have a reasonable solution for the leaking down pipe. (parts are all new)
Falcon stainless exhuast.
Any old timers out there with some experience on ths subject. Now is the
time to pass on the secret!
             The leak is not extreme but I can hear it. Tightening does not
help.

  Thanks for your help in advance.

  Steve Devine

///