RE: tuning S-U carbs

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tuning S-U carbs
From: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@ameritege.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:27:38 -0800
Are there any differences to think about when adjusting SU HIF carbs.  I
can't seem to get mine right...it's driving me nuts.

Essentially, I'll get them balanced.  But, when I drive the vehicle, I'm
getting variations in the engine RPMs at idle (varies between 900 and
1300 RPMs).  The MG also bogs down at around 5,000 RPMs.

I used a color-tune to set the mixture.  And, have set the valve lash at
.015. And, use a Uni-Syn to balance the airflow.  The pistons drop
smoothly and the butterfly's open/close smoothly.

Nick
73MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list