Re: manifold gasket

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Monte Morris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: manifold gasket
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:33:32 -0500
Monte,
All I can add is that if the gasket has metal on one side only, that side
goes toward the head. When I did mine during a SU conversion from the ZS I
used no sealer of any type (holes were fairly snug fit to the studs), just
torqued it to spec's. Six months now and it is still OK.

Oh yeah, consider replacing the two side cover gaskets while you have access
to them if you haven't already. Here I used a little gasket sealer, just be
careful not to over-tighten the center bolts.

Mike
'79B