SU bushings

To: mgsdigest@us.ibm.com
Subject: SU bushings
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:57:30 -0500
To all,

      I have an SU apart. The bushing had a slight (1/16") side to side on
axis travel, but NO rattle (off axis play). Do I need to replace it? Also
has anyone had any success with hogging out (machining) the bushing to
remove as much material as possible? Peter Burgess described it in his book
"How to power tune your MGB engine." I was thinking about it, as it gives a
little better airflow. I am also considering shaving the split screws down,
and using Loctite. Anyone have any success with that?

Thanks,

Jim L
'67 BGT
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
Stop playin around, stop playin around, this old town too long. Feels like
I gotta... travel home.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///