Re: Top Cover

To: smitty29832@msn.com
Subject: Re: Top Cover
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:50:47 EST
Yes,
Top Covers are also called 1/2 tonneaus, I believe. In my quest for a full
tonneau on eBay last year I ran into a Top Cover listed as a "1/2 Tonneau". I
bought it even though other more experienced MG owners were quick to point
out that a full tonneau would suffice in all aspects, whereas a Top Cover or
1/2 tonneau was limited in its scope of coverage possibilities (no pun
intended) But, being the penny-wise, pound foolish nut that I am, I bought
them both. Luckily I got an extremely good deal on the whole enchilada so
it's OK... IMPORTANT! Make sure that you also get the frame rails with the
Top Cover 1/2 tonneau ( I don't think that they are as necessary with a Full
tonneau! ) make sure that all the attachments are compatible or else it'll be
useless. I'd go as high as $50 for a very, very good condition 1/2 cover with
no tears or rips. I bought mine with one of the corners almost torn off for
only $15.00 but I wouldn't do it again if they gave it to me. On the large or
full tonneau, I guess I'd pay as much as $100 but it'd have to be perfect,
with the sellers word on its condition, with a full money back guarantee
otherwise. PS I got mine from a great guy name of Stefan Roundy out of
Fredricksburg, Virginia who I recommend with no reservations as he has proven
his honesty and trustworthiness 101% his e-mail address is
Stefanr@bealenet.com phone number is 1-(804)-448-4371. Again I have no
financial interest or will gain other than the satisfaction of repaying
Stefan for his courtesy and honesty. Be sure to indicate the year of your car
and the type of attachment devices it has to secure it. And don't forget
about the Frame rails. They will greatly inhance the life of your Tonneau or
Top Cover. Also check out Paul Lundgrens incredible MG website located at:
  >>>http://www.itwest.com/~lundgren/mgs.html<<< Its one of the finest
conpendiums for New and Used MG/MGB parts and Accessories, anyplace,
anywhere! My hats off to Paul and all of the good folks who have submitted
there names and addresses to help people like You and I. With that I bid you
a Fondue, Albert Escalante, 1978 MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///