tonneau zipper and Aftermarket Wish List

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tonneau zipper and Aftermarket Wish List
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:22:29 -0500
My $.02:

The beeswax lube that Mike Janacek mentioned will do a decent job of keeping
rain out.  Of course, if the tonneau is loose enough to sag in the middle &
a puddle builds up...

Bob D. wishes for an easy-up top like a Miata.  Personally, I'm glad to have
the stow-away top that allows me to have a race-legal roll bar.  And, UNLIKE
A MIATA, our MGB's DON'T have shoulder belts that vibrate in the wind at
highway speeds.  And, we DO have vent windows that open.  And, we DON'T have
cars that depreciate.  (My daughter had a Miata.  Not my kinda car.  She
finally got rid of hers a couple of years ago.  It's now dead.  New owner
got smashed by an SUV.  My daughter bought a Saab, BTW.)

Let's see, what would I wish for in my B?

I guess the one shortcoming it still has is the HVAC.  Now, that's an area
the Miata did well in.  So, I guess I'll have to go south to one of those
places I see in Florida that installs a/c in ANY car.  And, I could
breakdown & buy the upgraded heater core.  Although, it is at least adequate
on the worst of days.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB
'59 Turner - 948 Spridget power