RE: Dist. replacement. - hesitation

Subject: RE: Dist. replacement. - hesitation
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:25:09 -0600

My experience is that the symptoms you describe point to a fuel/air
mixture that is too lean.   As you noted and another lister suggested,
when you pull out the choke, it seems to "cure" the symptoms.  Pulling out
the choke enrichs the mixture.  Therefore, my humble guess is that your
carbs need to be adjusted towards a slightly "richer" setting.  I actually
run the carbs in my car a little on the rich side on purpose because it
seems to really help the off-the-line accelleration and cold running.  I
have not seen a drawback yet except maybe in slightly worse fuel economy
but even that is not very noticeable to me.

Regards, Greg
1968 MGB/GT
1976 TR6

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 05:11:24 -0500

Especially when the engine is cold it is at worst.
When hesitating then the engine sometimes backfires in the carburattors.

'71 BGT

/// mailing list
///  or try