bad wiper blades

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: bad wiper blades
From: William Killeffer <wtkilleffer@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:58:26 -0500
Hello listers,
I don't drive the MG in the rain very often, but have wipers cause who knows
when a storm could come up. I had planned to take it out today even with the
rain, but while inspecting the wipers one of them came apart in my hand even
though they're only six or seven months old. The wipers on all my American
cars have never had that type of problem. These on the MG were the Tex brand
available through Moss and VB. Even though only one actually fell apart, all
three look like they've seen better days. The local Napa store stocks
replacements, but they are designed to fit the wiper arm with the really
narrow head, where mine has the wider head. Are my expectations here out of
line with reality? People have told me that the rubber on an older British
car is the first thing to go, but you would think that the Brits would have
figured it out by now. I would like to buy the Napa brand but would need to
find the other wiper arms and would like to do that as inexpensively as
possible. Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
-William Killeffer
1974 MGB

///