Re: The most bang for the buck

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The most bang for the buck
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@jump.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 18:06:10 -0600
i am in process of converting my '78 RBB to dual SUs (HIF4 'cause i
already owned a pair) at the same time i have replaced the exhaust
manifold w/ maniflow LCB header.

the iginition module on the dist. died so I replaced it with a 41288
which i also had in a box. bypassing the "vacume relay" on the master
cylinder.

while the car was down i have renewed all the rubber brake hoses,
replaced the lower "A-arm" bushings w/ polyurethane ones. replaced the
brake rotors, installed a new 12" electric fan.

I hope that this will get me a near approximation of the performance of
an earlier model MGB, but not having drive a  single carb MG for any
length of time(not even this one!) i don't know if I'll be able to tell
the difference.

I am now wondering whether i should de-smog it or replace the already
missing air injector manifold. Any thoughts on this?

PS i too would like to lower my late model 'B but have not found anyone
on the web who advertises a "kit".

PPS who has fitted a panhard rod to their MGB? I want one but would like
to hear from someone who has driven with one.

--
  Henry D. Reynolds - System Admin
    mail: hdr@jump.net - phone: 512.448.3617 - cell: 512.699.8658

///