Engine Rebuild ??

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Rebuild ??
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:49:11 -0500
I have finally pulled the engine on my '78 B. It's on the engine stand and I
will be breaking it down this weekend. As I haven't done anything to a B
engine since '75, I need a bit of input. Once I have the guts out of the
block what do I need to have the machine shop do(routinely), to the head and
the block (provided there is no damage to either)? Also, how difficult is it
to rebuild the Trans? I drained it and it looked like black goo (is this
normal?)! So I am a bit apprehensive about it's state even though it seemed
fine until the engine problems.

Any good online reference sites for both(either) of these procedures? With
simple, (hmmm... third grade level...<grin>) instructions/insites?