Re: Web Sites

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: Web Sites
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:17:25 -0600
I've recently moved to Netscape 6.2. 4.79 has been flakey on my Win2k
machine. It's not bad. Has some nice features.

I just spent Friday night getting my Mom's new computer setup for her. I
put 4.79 on her WinXP and she's been having problems. It's probably
operator error, but who knows.

Unfortunately, bloat is inevitable. Remember back when Sun said that a
100Meg drive would be plenty for a desktop machine. Or when ole Billy
said that 640K was all anybody would ever need? Yes, both were said.

Remember when you could work on your own car? Oh, yeah, we still can!
:-) Most people can't.

Web page designers always want the next cool thing. Look at some of the
guys web pages on our list. Skye's and Paul's are wonderful, of course.
They have content, and tons of it. But a lot of sites have way too many
gizmos (technical term) that just slow access down. I was on a hockey
site yesterday that was completely run by Quicktime, Netscape 6 wouldn't
work on it.

Also, Netscape 6 doesn't work right on the Moss site (roll overs don't
work).

Give me SunOS 4.1.4 and Mosaic 1.0. Actually, FreeBSD 4.5 is good. Too
bad there is no good browser.

I better stop. I'm rambling.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155

///