Re: The dreaded oil slick.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The dreaded oil slick.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:11:07 -0800
First, clean up surface oil with the oil absorbent stuff that looks like
kitty litter. You can buy it at an auto parts store. "Real" kitty litter no
longer works as well since they keep "improving" it with features unrelated
to absorption.

They also sell a driveway cleaner detergent which you pour on, scrub with a
broom, and hose off. I can't really say what effect it might have on lawns
-- you'll have to read the label.

I found out about these products when I failed to properly thread the oil
filter adapter on my B, and it pumped out 4 quarts in 30 seconds. Nice clean
oil, though... <g>.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149