CA emissions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: CA emissions
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:50:24 -0800
Ok, so I have a quandary.

I have applied for a job in Emeryville, CA.  If I were to be in the
running for this job, it could present a problem.

You see, my car is a '75.  Said '75 has no emissions plumbing
(previous owner removed it), and does not have ZS carbs either
(that was my doing, SU is good).

I am pretty sure that I (well, somebody) could tune the car to pass
the test, or add appropriate '74 bits to pass testing, maybe even
add an inline cat to pass testing, but all of this is at the
tailpipe, and assumes the testing station doesn't look under the
bonnet.  Damn big assumption if you ask me.

So, could any of the California listers help me out a bit, let me
know what I can do to prevent putting the ZS back on (I still have
it), etc?

Do I need to give up my '75 and get an earlier year car to keep SU
carbs?

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
  My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.

///