looking for JD Kemp

To: mgsdigest@us.ibm.com
Subject: looking for JD Kemp
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:01:55 -0500
Folks,

      I have multiple questions. A friend in my car club mentioned to me
that he has a MGB (he is not an LBC guy) at his salvage yard, but not sure
what, he thinks rubber bumper. He says it has no title. Not sure if its
there only because of that or it is salvage as well. I could pull parts off
of it, but he thinks it is basically a rust free car. He said if you like
it just swap the id plate. I don't think I want to do that, I don't think I
could, mine is missing, and I have a '67 so it has the plate in the front
by the radiator only. If it is a rubber bumper then the plate is in the
doorframe, correct? I don't have a title for my car ('71 or '73 they
started), but I am going to assume the car I am going to look at tomorrow
is going to need one, being a rubber bumper car. My '67 BGT is rusty on the
bottom, and somewhat evtra ventilated. I am ready to delve into it, but if
I can avoid it, maybe I should. It would mean switching from a coupe to a
convertible, I guess that can be good and bad. I was going to ask about
swapping some stuff out from one to the other ('67 BGT to younger B), but I
will leave it for another note.
      So the question is how easy would it be to get a title for the car? I
am in NY.

Thanks,

Jim Laukaitis
'67 BGT