RE: Front wheel bearings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Front wheel bearings
From: Ken Christian <kenc@gscutah.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:47:08 -0700
Hopefully this isn't an "oops".
I'm just replacing my caged bearings on my '59 MGA, and could not see a
discernable difference between either side of the inner or outer bearings.
There is a small mark on the outside rim of each (in the shape of a
rectangle), they also have numbers on one sidewall.  Which side is the
"thrust" side and which side goes towards the hub?

Thanks,
KC