Re: traveling

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: traveling
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:16:59 -0500
Barney wrote:
And just for the record, not all of us are NAMGBR members, so we don't all
have access to your NAMGBR "private" list.  I can understand how some folks
may not want to be bothered by a distress call from someone who is not a
"member", so the list need not be made public.  As such, only a limited
number of MG enthusiasts even have access to your list of 2000.

Barney,
Monte is a 79B owner is concidering extended travel in this B. He specificly
mentioned "Grapevine" which is the NAMGBR's Annual Convention, hosted by the
Texas MG Register, venue this year,  ww.MG2002.com .  It seems only logical
to recommend a membership in NAMGBR. Incidently, I also maintain roadside
asistance memberships with both AAA and Allstate. I see it as a part of
insurance. I think the MG list version is a terrific idea and thought I was
already listed on it as a service provider. I believe there are a few
floating around on the internet and I'm sure that some a stale, having not
been updated in quite sometime. With the NAMGBR list you can be confident
that the content is up to date. There is nothing worse than being stuck on
the side of the road making multiple calls as you watch your cell phone
battery power dropping.  We are all in this MG thing for some kind of
enjoyment. I believe that all MG enthusiasts should support the National
Register their vehicle falls into cause I know that these registers are
working very hard to make MG ownership as enjoyable as possible for ALL MG
owners.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch (who just happens to B)
Chairman of North American MGB Register