Re: weight and dimensions of a bare MGB 5 main block

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weight and dimensions of a bare MGB 5 main block
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:58:00 -0600
Hokay Patton,

  According to my bathroom scale, the bare 18GB block weighs ~128 lbs.  This
block
was vatted just before I stored it, so it's not coated with any heavy grunge (or
paint).  My tape measure sez the approx dimensions are: 18"L x 11"W x 12 1/4"H,
measured at the wides, etc., points.You'll have to take out the oil pump studs
achieve the height measurement.  They protrude a couple of inches below the
bottom
flange.

  Cheers,

  CR