The Car's the star

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Car's the star
From: =?windows-1255?Q?=EE=F8=E8=E9=EF_=F8=E5=E2=E5=E1=E9=EF?=
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:43:36 +0200
Managed to catch (and tape) the MGB installment of "The Car's the Star" on
BBCworld yesterday.
The general gist of it was "early B - good, C - bad, B-V8 - good, late B -
bad (but not as bad as Tri*mph TR7), BL - very bad, Metro/Maestro - very
bad, RV8 - good (too bad).
A pretty shallow survey, really - fun, but I didn't learn anything I didnt
already know.
The interviews with Roche Bently, Clausager, and a few others (the guy who
made the first pre-factory V8) were nice.
Plenty of good shots of B's flying down country roads.
And I liked the opening sequence where they took various views of a junkyard
B and morphed it into a perfect restoration.
Cheers,
RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv