Re: Tranny Troubles

To: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny Troubles
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:59:14 -0800
Sorry, Bill, those symptoms indicate the one-way clutch in your overdrive
unit is broken - probably because someone in the past drove the car in
reverse while overdrive was still engaged. The only remedy is an overdrive
overhaul (expensive!) as the one-way clutch has no capability for healing
itself.......:>(

And, when it is rebuilt, use Valvoline 30 wt. oil - not ATF - in the
gearbox/overdrive unit.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center