Re: You be the Judge of my MGB. Pics

To: "E.Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: You be the Judge of my MGB. Pics
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:06:03 -0600
Looks really nice.

So do share. What state of tune is your car in? What jets did they put in?

Paul
'77B with ZS and a couple HIFs in a box.

E.Claure wrote:

> Hi there list,  I am back after a couple of weeks of vacation.   Upon my
> return I was visiting a new race shop of a friends friend. Coincidentally,
> I was with my MGB that at the time was running poorly due to jetting of the
> DGV Weber.  To my surprise, the owner (a Juan Pablo Montoya clone) was
> known as Dr.Weber himself graduated with a PhD from Carburator
> University.  While I was having myself a beer Juan Luis had taken apart my
> weber.  Initially I got pissed because I had to get back home to pick up my
> son.  I mumbled to myself and crossed my fingers.  Juan Luis and his team
> of mechanics were at my car like an F1 at the pit stop. I could see jets go
> in and out and computer cables all over the place.
>
> Suddenly, I heard the engine crank and sultry vroom came out of the
> exhaust. WOW! Did you jet my carb or switch engines I commented.  "Take it
> for a spin" Juan Luis smiled as I nervously got in to my car.   The engine
> was silk smooth and so powerful I could not believe it. At Last my LBC was
> running as a true sports car.  I was passing Corollas and Civics Jesus!
>
> Well, since my car has been tuned and all that had to be done is done I
> posted pics on my web site for all you friends and not so friends on the
> list. I feel I have done a very good job and bringing back to life a
> vintage sports car. So you be the judge and let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks to all those that pitched in with help. Enrique
>
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3943/   go all the way down to a
> MG pentagon logo.

Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155
Minneapolis, MN  55413          WRK: +1 (612) 664-3385
NIC:    PTR                     FAX: +1 (612) 664-4779

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///