Attitude goes south (with vigor)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Attitude goes south (with vigor)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:56:28 -0600
Greetings from somewhere between Illinois, the U.S. eastern seaboard, or
the state of Florida, depending on when you read this.

The MGA with an attitude will likely be on the road for spring break by the
time you read this.  Elliot the navigator and I will be tagging along and
hanging on as the MGA flits about the country with the little trailer in
tow, starting from Chicago and headed generally for the Florida Keys and
any other points of interest along the way.  We are hoping for some decent
camping weather, which means something above 45dF overnight and not too
much rain.  With any luck we may do close to 4000 miles in the next ten
days.  You guys in the Missouri Endirance Rally have fun.  We're doing our
own thing.

Departure is planned for 5 am Friday.  The first significant stop will be
about 9 pm in Wake Forest, North Carolina, at the home of our own lister
Glenn Johnson <glennj1@mindspring.com>.  We will likely be checking late
night e-mail, so I should see any of today's replies to the mgs
list.  Otherwise I may be out of touch for a while, as we seem to have lost
the phone connector for the laptop modem.  If I can get connected again I
will endeavour to file a trip report occasionally.  Glenn and his wife Mary
will likely be traveling along with us for a few days in Daisy (ask Glenn
about "daisy cutter").

Sorry about the short notice, but impulse is a lifestyle with the MGA with
an attitude.  We will be back by April 1st for sure.  April fools MGA tech
questions will be anticipated.

Best regards,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude