Re: was 74 engine fit, now C or BGTV8

To: Scott Hower <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: was 74 engine fit, now C or BGTV8
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:09:43 -0600
Scott Hower wrote:

>>From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
>>Subject: Re: Will a 74 engine fit a 77B?
>>

>>Paul, my only point here was that I believe the widening/changing of the
>>transmission tunnel was due to the 'C' being introduced, not the 'V8'...
>>And I'm not sure the factory would change the car simply to accomodate Ken
>>Costello!
>>

> Not to add fuel to the fire, but...
>
> I've read that the reason the B engine bay is so wide, was to accomodate a
> V4
> engine being developed in Australia by a BMC subsidiary.  Believe it.. or
> not.

Yeah, there was a V4 and some other odd configuration. There development
didn't get far. As was typical of the BMC and BL development budgets.

> Seems to me the tunnel was initially widened to accomodate the 4 synchro
> gearbox, it had nothing to do with which engine sat forward of it.  More

It was the automatic that was offered in '68.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155

///