Re: gear/tranny changes

To: cgrunau@pathcom.com
Subject: Re: gear/tranny changes
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:34:16 -0500
Bob
  That is what I did in my TD MkII, changing from the 4.875 to 4.1 gears.
 It has met my expectations.
   I saved the 4.875 gears, thinking that if someone were to want to buy
the car in the future, he might want them for sake of invisible
originality.  Since the 4.1 change has been such an improvement, I do not
imagine that anyone would want to revert to 4.875.
   Do you think that I should continue to save them, or would it be
better to offer them for sale in TSO to keep the gear supply supplied?
Bob

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:14:45 -0400 "Robert Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
writes:
> A much less expensive,  easier and more original idea is to install a
> higher
> diff ratio, 4.3, 4.1 or 3.9 in the TD housing. Makes first gear more
> useful
> as well. Gives approximately the same final drive as an O/D 5 speed.
> Leave the Datsun/Sierra etc transmissions for Datsun/Fords.
> Bob Grunau

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///