Flat Towing Thread

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flat Towing Thread
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:44:27 -0800
For the old time MG listers, just to prove that we arn't the only ones stuck
in this thread groove.

Snipped from the Morgan list:

Snip: << Fred
 Would you have to undo the chain on the trike before towing?  How well does

it >>

Yes I would undo the chain even though a trike three-speed is upside down,
compared to a normal transmission. The lay gears are on top. I would undo
the
chain just to prevent wear. You can tow a trike TOO easy and tear the heck
out of the suspension. You may not feel the bumps in the tow car but watch
how the little dude bounces around back there. I always use a trailer...
 Although--- the trailer still "works" the suspension- so I grease before
and
after trips.<

Kelvin.   (ducking)

///