Re: Clutch slipping...

To: "Jon Lind" <dtjon@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch slipping...
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:06:16 -0700
The bushing in the lever arm on the trans, the arm linking the slave to the
TOB, may have caused this.  If that bush is bad, and it usually is, the
clutch will wear strangely.  If the clutch slips in gear then either there
is oil on the clutch, or the disk or pressure plate are shot.  If that bush
is badly worn you could destroy a clutch in 3k miles (ask me how I know) it
is about $1.29 but it sucks if you don't change it, cause it means you'll be
back in there soon.  YMMV.

james