Re: Hydraulics

To: RobMGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hydraulics
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:24:15 -0500
Rob,
  I would use the same fluid that you are using in your brake hydraulic
system.  If fluids in the two systems are different, you just know that,
sure as the sun rises in the morning, some day some one will put the
wrong fluid into one of the MCs.
   As far as clutch action goes, you will find no difference in the
action with the fluids.
  If you use silicone, you can rinse it adequately (one short piece of
metal tube, one short rubber hose (which you replaced anyway when you
installed the new slave cylinder?) with a couple of extra pedal pumps
through of the silicone fluid.
  Install the hose onto the slave cylinder before you bolt up the slave
cylinder. Disconnecting the battery when swinging wrenches in this area
of starter and slave cylinder will do no harm.
Bob

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:42:50 EST RobMGB@aol.com writes:
> I'm putting in new master and slave clutch cylinders. Does the list
> suggest I
> go with silicone fluid or Dot 4. If silicone what besides air can I
> flush
> system with. I have put air through it but only using my electric
> tire pump.
> Also the slave is a bear to get at. I have it out but am dreading
> reattaching
> hose connection and getting bottom mounting bolt on. any ideas?
>
> RobMGB
> 74B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list