Attitude is definitely south

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Attitude is definitely south
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg1@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:21:40 -0600
Greetings from Sugarloaf Key, 20 miles east of Key West, FL.

Silly me.  Here I've been connected to e-mail for a few days now, but
have been sending messages to the list from an address that was not a
list member.  Bummer, but the light finally came on, and I just
subscribed from my Juno (traveling) account.  As a result, this message
may come through before a couple of earlier ones.

Friday 870 miles from Naperville, IL, to Wake Forest, NC, in 13-1/2
hours.  Ain't no flies on this MG!!!

Spent Saturday with friends touring down through NC and SC, with a few
hours of top down and sun, haunting a bunch of back roads.

Sunday run south through GA and FL, top down and glorious sun all day, so
now probably way ahead of most of you on summer sun tan.  Had to buy sun
oil.  Camped at a KOA south of Orlando.  Good soaking in the swimming
pool in late evening.  You guys dealing with snow back in Chicago this
week can eat your hearts out.

Obligatory day for Elliot at the Magic Kingdom on Monday.  Elliot figured
out quick that when he kicked me out of the personal speed boat it would
go MUCH FASTER.  Stayed at KOA Monday night as well.  No swimming after
midnight, but great sleeping weather.

Run south to the Keys on Tuesday, camped at another KOA just short of Key
West, which is just waiting for daylight hours.  Otherwise fairly
uneventful day, except that more hundreds of top down miles in the MGA
are always fun.

Will probably spend all of Wednesday here in the Keys, starting with the
"rock" in Key West, 90 miles from Cuba.  Also expecting to visit a
Dolphin facility about halfway back up the Keys, and to take a boat out
about 5 miles to snorkle with the tropical fish on a coral reef in John
Pennecamp Coral Reef State Park.

Then back west through the swamps along the Tamiami Hghway on Thursday,
visit the alligators, and up the golf coast.  Probably passing up I-75 on
Friday for the start home.  Have to be back to Illinois Sunday night
(late of course).  Give a hoot.

Catch you all later.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (and nearly 2000 more miles than it had last
week)
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg