Re: MGs on TV (Gum Ball Rally)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGs on TV (Gum Ball Rally)
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:30:03 -0400
   The Gum Ball Rally movie is loosely based on the "Cannonball
Baker-sea-to-shinning-sea,-press-on-
regardless,-memorial-trophy-race" sponsored by Car & Driver magazine many
years ago.
This was, that is, until the attorneys general of several states got
together to stop
the "race"  - or so goes the rumor...

   And yes, the movie is great.  Raoul Julia (RIP) as the Ferrari driver had
that great line
"I cannot deny her".

Safety Fast !

Gene
  80 B

At 04:10 PM 3/24/02 -0800, Greyson Crowe wrote:
>I have that movie.  It's the best. Great car noises of the Ferrari Daytona
and footage of the Cobra And Ferrari battling, especially in the drainage
area (don't know the proper name).  Get it and watch it 50 times!!
Warning..it will make u want pull the same event they do.  ANd I still
refuse to watch Fast and Furious..so I can't compare it to that movie.