Re: Hydraulics -- DOT 4 (glycol) vs. DOT 5 (silicone):

To: "David Randall" <david.randall@sympatico.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hydraulics -- DOT 4 (glycol) vs. DOT 5 (silicone):
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:51:38 -0700
One of the things preventing an easy switch is that DOT 3/4 and DOT 5 cause
different rates of swelling in the seals, so a switch in fluid will lead to
an almost immediate failure in sealing of the system.  DOT 5 also seams to
be able to find points to leak from that DOT 3/4 will not, but since every
other fluid in MGs leaks I don't consider this a factor.

james