HS4 - throttle disc and shaft, rebuild help

To: mgsdigest@us.ibm.com
Subject: HS4 - throttle disc and shaft, rebuild help
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:15:28 -0500
Listers,

      Howdy. I am reassembling the rear HS4, and inadvertantly (read
novice) did not mark the throttle disc with respect to the body. Now I am
trying to fit it in, and every orientation seems to not work. I always see
light between the disc and the housing. Looking at the front HS4, which I
haven't disassembled yet for fear of mixing parts, it seems to have a tight
fit. Can't see any light because its all together still. Is there a
completely tight fit? Any suggestions? Is it just patience, is there a
trick that someone knows?

Thanks,

Jim Laukaitis
'67 BGT