Re: Float Level Checking

To: "Zach Dorsch" <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Float Level Checking
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:03:40 -0800
Yes, Zach, you will be able to see the brass tang on the float touching the
needle valve (assuming you have removed the base cover, of course). You
measure the 40 thousandths clearance by placing a straight edge across the
now-inverted bowl and measure between the bottom of the straight edge and
the center, depressed area of the float. To adjust the height, you bend the
metal tang up or down (carefully) until the clearance is correct.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center