Update/RE: new problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Update/RE: new problem
From: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:24:06 -0800 (PST)
Thank you to all that have been responding; I think
that I am making progress, but finding more problems.
I fiddled with the car more today.  I put in new plugs
and the car ran really great, however it was still
running rich.  I then connected the hoses to the carbs
that lead to the crankcase.  That did help with the
smoking.  I adjusted the mixture screws again to what
from what I understand to be very lean.  As looking
through the air intake on the carbs, the jet is now
even with the the edge closest (I hope this makes
sense).  Wouldn't that make it run very lean?  I did
have another idea though, I now wonder if I may have
adjusted the floats too low (meaning too much fuel has
to get into the chamber for the floats to raise).
Would this cause the car to run rich?  I did adjust
the float level to ~.05.  The car is a '73 with HIF4's
minus the emission controls.

Thanks Again
Zach