Listers ---- Really special folks

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Listers ---- Really special folks
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 07:40:34 -0800
Being a rank beginner, I have deluged the site with questions, some
valid & others (I've found out) really silly.
I have made significant progress in learning a tiny bit about my B, with
the exception of the electrics.
I had posted requests for help, to which I received a fair number of
I downloaded some excellent material from the MG Experience (thanks
Skye). I just could not get my head around the wiring. I asked if there
was a genius who could act as my mentor, to which I had no response.
About 2-3 weeks after my plea, I received an e-mail from a lurking
lister, offering help.

We eventually made contact by phone & agreed to meet in my garage at 2pm
Sunday. Susan & Don arrived exactly on time & we spent some time getting
to know each other & then headed to the B.

They spent the next 6 hours removing melted wiring, re-wiring where
necessary, cleaning connecters, replacing fuses, lamps & bulbs,
connecting the courtesy light, repairing the horn wires & folks, you
name it, they did it. The fuel gauge sender needs to be replaced, as
will the Lucas emergency hazard box.

I know I'm taking up a lot of space but these 2 wonderful people are the
epitome of what I have experienced since I was allowed on to the list.
I'll put the consoles back today & I'll be mobile again.

Don & Sue I can't thank you enough & to all you out there in MG land my
grateful huge thanks to you all. I would like to tell you the final
outcome when it's all back together.

Don & Sue, my grateful thanks
Aubrey 75B