Stud Removal Tool

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stud Removal Tool
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 00:43:02 +0430
Hi,

Thanks to everyone that suggested my friend use a left-handed drill bit to
get the broken stud out of the block of his Alfa.

At some point today we had it far enough out that we figured we could use a
stud puller on it, problem is neither of us could figure it out.

The one he has is round and has holes in it for three different size studs.
Through the hole, (per the picture on the box) goes a 1/2" extender.  The
extender attaches to a round cam that we think is supposed to engage the
stud, though we can't figure out how.  Ultimately you'd use a 1/2" driver to
turn the extender and back the stud out.

Anyone on the list use one of these tools? If so, could you please shed some
light on how you use it?

Any help appreciated,

Scott Allen

52 TD