wiper dilemma

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: wiper dilemma
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 19:47:25 -0700
Today I installed the wiper motor and wiper boxes in my 72B restoration
project. The problem is  the wipers. As most of you know, the 72B has three
windshield wipers.

In my collection of many parts, I have located five wiper arms. All in this
picture:
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/mg/wipers.jpg

I am fairly sure the top two are from my former 71BGT. Which means the
correct wiper arms may be one, two, or all three of the bottom ones.
Earlier today, I missed a chance to buy three wipers from a 73 MGB on Ebay
- picture here:
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/mg/73wipers.jpg

The bidding got too high so I passed which is probably a good thing as my
Moss catalog indicates the 73 model had a different wiper arm. Moss says I
need the wiper arm 164-640.

So how many of the 164-640s do I need? The bottom two wipers in my picture
have the angle going in what I think is the correct direction. But one has
the screw on the arm like the 73s (to tighten on the wheel box) and the
other does not. Can anyone with a early 70's B (70-72) confirm what I need?

David