Re: removal fuel send unit

To: "Aubrey Schneider" <aschneider@shaw.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removal fuel send unit
From: "Paul Hunt \(Telewest\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:48:59 +0100
Sounds like you could have been chiselling the tank flange instead of the
tapers on the locking ring that go under the flanges.  I suspect that you
may now get a fuel leak when you finally do remove the sender.

Did you first prove that connecting the green/black and black wires at the
sender together caused the gauge to move when the ignition was on?  If they
don't the sender is not the (only) problem.