Cleaner & Wax was: Vinyl cleaner

Subject: Cleaner & Wax was: Vinyl cleaner
From: stephen bartley <ragtopday@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:49:07 -0400
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:58:36 -0400
> From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
> Subject: Cleaner & Wax was: Vinyl cleaner
>
> Listers,
>
> Now that we are in cleaning mode, can someone recommend
> a good wax ?  What about the Zymol products ?  They used
> to be top rated.  I understand that Johnson Wax bought
> them out.  Are they still good or have they been cheapened
> ?
> Any comments on  Meguiars or Mother's products ?
> Lastly can someone recommend a good wheel cleaner that
> will not harm the wheels/tires ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gene  80 B

I used to use nothing but Mothers brand waxes, now I exclusively use 3M Show
Car Paste Wax, 3M Car Wash, and 3M Gloss Enhancer on all of my vehicles.
Seems to be the easiest to put on & take off car wax I have ever used, and
has excellent durability when exposed to the elements. The car wash does a
good job cleaning and isn't too harsh on the wax. It is a little pricier
than the stuff you find at most auto superstores, I find my 3M stuff at auto
parts stores that also supply auto body shops with their materials. I have
also heard that many professional auto detailers swear by 3M products. I
have heard that Griots Garage car care products are excellent as well. As
far as wheel cleaner goes, I spray straight Simple Green on my already wet
wheels, wait a few minutes and use a scrubbrush on the wheels to clean them.

Stephen P Bartley
Portsmouth NH
1963 MGB

"We'll throw all our cares away, It's a Ragtop Day"--Jimmy Buffett