fuel pump-solved

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pump-solved
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:35:35 -0500
Thanks to those responding to my fuel pump dilema. Bullwinkle wins the
diagnostic prize today, thanks Blake.
After checking my manuals, none of them would troubleshoot a continuously fast
running fuel pump that was putting out full fuel volume. Blake suggested:

"Did you try holding the valve shut or plugging the fuel line at the carb
to see if the pump slowed way down?  If it does, then the float needle
isn't closing off the fuel inlet."

I plugged the fuel line and the fuel pump performed normally, thus it was in
the carb. Took off carb and the float (new from Moss for a rebuild in Feb) was
full of gas. Problem solved  by replacing with float from spare carb. Thanks
again everyone.

Has anyone had bad parts from Moss before? If so, how did you, and they,
handle it?

Monte 79B and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA