sitting on top of the world AND question about steering effort

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: sitting on top of the world AND question about steering effort
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@jump.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:17:49 -0500
I just replaced the driver's seat webbing yester day afternoon. man! It
increased my seated position by about  4 inches! (20 cm?). It has
greatly improved my visibility, decreased steering effort, and i no
longer have to cock my head to see all the instruments. Highly recommended.

why does it seem to be harder to turn my '78 B than my older CBB? it
seems like the initial turn in effort is fine but as the wheel
displacement gets greater there is more "push back".

i believe the rack ratio changed and the rack was repositioned on the
rubber bumber cars but also the 185/70 tires are bigger tires than the
165's on my CBB.

What factors are at work here?

--
  Henry D. Reynolds - System Admin