Re: Suspension question -- with MG content

To: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@jump.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension question -- with MG content
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:44:43 -0600
a watts link would be hard because it would have to rotate around the center
of the diff, so a stiffer rear cover would be needed.  If you make the
Panhard rod the full width of the axle and horizontal at ride height the arc
will be minimized.  The best, IMO, is a v-link.  It serves as both lateral
location and anti-tramp resistance.  Assuming that each is built correctly,
they will only be as good as what you bush them with, and the stiffer the
bushes get the rougher the ride will get.  For most purposes a panhard rod
should be enough, and most of the commercial kits use hard rubber so that
they can be used on the street.

james