Connolly Leather goes BANKRUPT!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Connolly Leather goes BANKRUPT!
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:54:24 EDT
>From UK's AutoExpress:

Nowhere To Hide As Connolly Goes Bust

he firm that's cosseted the bottoms of the rich and famous has gone to the
wall. Connolly Leather, supplier of skin to some of the world's most
expensive cars, has been in business since 1878.The Kent company tans and
treats hundreds of thousands of animal hides a year for motor manufacturers
all over the world. But after several years of financial losses, receivers
have been called in to manage the company and find a buyer. Richard Heis,
joint receiver from KPMG Corporate Recovery, said it was a case of business
as usual for now. Connolly isn't the only supplier of leather, and Ferrari,
Maserati and Aston Martin all use other firms. A spokeswoman for Bentley,
which gets through around 20 hides per car, told us: "We will still buy from
Connolly, but it's not our only supplier so production won't be disrupted if
the firm does cease trading."