RE: The KLEZ vrius (and a question)

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The KLEZ vrius (and a question)
From: David Coe <dcoe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:14:47 -0400
Hi, new to the list.

1a) Set Outlook/Outlook Express to use the restricted zone setting.
[Tools/Options/Security]
1b) Turn the preview pane off [View/Preview Pane] for Outlook or
[View/Layout...] for OE.
1c) Use Magic Mail
[http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/2576/magic.html] or
something similar to screen your mail.
1d) Mac OSX is great for basic stuff, but lacking in the
games/entertainment department. I love my iBook, but I use W2K for day
to day stuff. I really hope OSX takes off.

2) Just bought a '77 MGB. New wiring harness in Sept '99, new battery in
January, new alternator in March. I received the car on the 23rd of
April and by the 26th, the battery was flat. My mechanic says it's the
alternator, and everything I saw agrees with that.

What can kill an alternator on an MGB?