RE: Off-topic: Viruses and Macs - now WITH MG content

To: "Harold W. Roeth" <hroldlbt@ix.netcom.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Off-topic: Viruses and Macs - now WITH MG content
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:49:39 -0400
>From my vantage point your choice in vehicles is clearly tops in my opinion.
However, your choice in computers is in the vast minority.

I won't be drawn into an argument about the pros or cons of a Mac versus a
PC - BUT - while nothing of real consequence may be "wrong" with a Mac, PC's
DO factually comprise approximately 95 percent of the computer market and
Macs approximately only 5 percent of the market. Macs are in such a minority
that computer virus hackers simply won't waste their time bothering with the
few Macs out there. Beta verses VCR all over again, except maybe for a
longer, slower more excruciating death for the Mac. If it hadn't been for
Microsoft's Bill Gates infusion of many millions of dollars into Apple
Computers a few short years ago, Apple would already be dead.

Very similar analogy for MG, except that British Leyland instead of Bill
Gates came along to "rescue" MG and instead, ran the marquee into the ground
and out of business (at least out for the past 20+ years).

I guess other automobile enthusiasts might question our continued support of
the 'minority" MG marquee too though.

Maybe that's good. They'll leave us alone too (as you are being left alone
with your Mac), not pick on us and let us enjoy our fine hobby (examples:
You must be a glutton for punishment to own a MG! - You've got to be a
mechanic to own one! - Hey, Spot! - Only 90 HP!!!???, Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!,
etc.)

This submitted only IMHPO.

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster