Re: parts exchange

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: parts exchange
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:18:39 +0100
I certainly fitted a 73 (CB) pump to a 75 (RB), so I am sure you could go
the other way and indeed use a 79.  If your pump has diode spark suppression
the diode must be reversed when fitted to a pos ground car or you will cook
the wiring and blow the diode.  Capacitor suppression can be used as-is.
The possible problem that you might get that I didn't bearing in mind you
are fitting a later pump to an early car, is that the later pumps had the
electrical end sticking into the boot/trunk and so didn't need the vent tube
from the cover to the boot.  Using a later pump without vent could possibly
suck moisture into the electrical end.