Re: need fuel pump

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: need fuel pump
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 18:24:11 -0700 (PDT)
--- MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net> wrote:
> Bowing to the wisdom of the list, I'm in need of a
> used, working fuel pump

You are planning a two thousand mile trip and looking
for a used pump? What are you going to save? 40-50
bucks? It is that going to be worth it when it too
dies 150 miles from nowhere? I am all in favor of your
trip and think it will be a great adventure but I
think it would be false economy for you. Have the
mechanic out there spin on a new one. He probably has
one hanging around the shop. Take along 2-3 fuel
filters (see through)too while you are at it. They
take up no space.
I keep the Haynes in my car at all times and it has
served me well. I have a Bentley also but I keep the
Haynes close by
Just my $.02 worth
Carl French
http://health.yahoo.com