Re: Chrome Trim

To: "Ryan, Wesley" <wryan@giplastek.com>, MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chrome Trim
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 10:28:02 -0600
It didn't seem that hard when I removed and put one strip on my 72b before
I took it to the body shop - I had to slide it along the pre-existing clips
or buttons (whatever they are called). But with new black tulip paint, new
trim, and new clip buttons, I didn't want to screw mine up either. So I had
the shop do it. They bitched about it though so I guess it wasn't too easy.
I figured they knew what they were doing so it had a better chance of going
on right, which it did. The guy at the body shop wanted to use some kind of
stick on  trim - came in a roll and looked very similar to the chrome trim.
 From the distance it would have looked nice, but to the trained eye of an
MGB owner, the areas where the trim terminated probably would not look good
at all without that beveled edge.

David
72 B
67 BGT