Re: Steering Wheel sizes

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel sizes
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 14:11:25 -0700
Well, the lap belts in most older MGs (where the wood steering wheel look is
period appropriate) are unlikely to keep you off the steering wheel... but
an impact sufficient to delaminate the wood rim from the metal core would
likely cause enough additional trauma that splinters would be the least of
your worries (non-collapsible steering column, anyone?).

So it's not like one would recommend a wood rim wheel as "safe", it's just
that in context it's not any more dangerous than the rest of the car.

Now putting a wood veneer dash applique on an air-bag equipped car, THAT
would be dangerous!

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149