drooping rear (of car!)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: drooping rear (of car!)
From: Marc <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 17:57:03 -0400
Hello -

Not sure quite what to think about this problem. My 73 mgb was drooping
badly (several inches) lower on the LR when I first got it several months
ago. The right side is fine. I rebuilt the front end, then recently
replaced the leaf springs and shocks. The LR was a little better, but not
much. Several people said I probably had mis-matched springs, or a weak or
bad one. So last night I took the brand-new spring off the LR, and installed
the old one that had been on the RR. When I was done, the car still had a
slight lean, but was markedly improved.

Ok, I thought, maybe it was a bad/mis-matched/whatever spring. I drove
the car a bit last night and this morning, and it was great! Felt and
handled like it's supposed to! For a while anyway. Now it's drooping
again. I suppose I should still get the new spring replaced, but I'm
not so sure that's the whole problem.

Feeling pretty bummed about this... Perhaps there's a cure? I sure would
like to get this fixed. I need to replace my exhaust but there's no point
in doing right now since it would get scraped right off the bottom of the
car!

I would appreciate any insight you folks may have as to what I should
check, fix, etc? Thanks a great deal!
--
Marc Siegel, ABSnet Internet Services  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.abs.net      voice: 410/361-8160