Re: [MG-MGB] Starter Problem?

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Starter Problem?
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:20:09 +0100
If the ignition light dims right down when you get the click either the
battery is bad (unlikely if it wouldn't start immediately after running) or
the heavy-current connections at the battery or the solenoid are bad.  If the
light stays bright then the motor is not being powered for whatever reason.
If the click is quiet and comes from high up on the RH inner wing that is the
relay, if loud and lower down on the same side that is the solenoid.  You need
to track the supply of 12v through the relay and down to the solenoid to
determine whether it is a relay, solenoid, motor, or wiring/connections
between them.  Even though the relay or solenoid may be audibly operating its
contacts may not be closing.