Creaking, Leaning MGA

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Creaking, Leaning MGA
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:00:06 -0400
Sorry for the repeat question, but symptoms seemed to have worsened.
My MGA leans to the right by about 2 inches and creaks rather loudly as I
drive and turn corners.
Also, when I attempt to bounce the right rear side of the car it is hard and
does not bounce up and down as does the left rear side.  The left side has
some spring in it whereas the right rear has almost no movement.  I don't
see anything broken in the rear at all. The front left rebound check rubber
was snatched off and wedged in the coil spring and this was as I backed out
of the garage.
Can it be the leaf spring on the left rear?  The rear shock?  Frame?
Club member has given me an old set of leaf springs from his MGA 1600 Mark
II.
Any help or advice appreciated.
Mike R